Monday, November 9, 2009

Slow and Steady Wins the Wedding Cake Topper Race: Turtles!

My brilliant fiance came up with an AMAZING idea this weekend: turtle cake toppers! Let me explain: Among our 11 pets (yes, eleven), we have a pet turtle Rosie the Russian Tortoise. Rosie was our first pet together; Anthony likes to call her our "gateway reptile", as we now have 8 reptiles in the house now (yes, eight). We started with a turtle because my family has a pet turtle: Myrtle the (Box) Turtle.

Most people who know me personally know my ridiculous love of turtles. One year I even received a turtle birthday cake:
How cute are those??? Oh, I think it can get cuter. Enter turtle cake toppers! Everyone's done two love birds on top of their wedding cake; how about two love turtles?

(Adorable turtle cake toppers made from modeling paste, on CakeJournal)

(Cutie turtles made from polymer clay on Etsy)

My only concern is that some turtle toppers might look a little too realistic, which wouldn't look great on top of a beautiful cake.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for the perfect turtle cake toppers! You could just call us the Slowskys:






*Update* See how our turtle cake toppers turned out here.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea - so creative! And your turtle birthday cake is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=22abd2df28b2ee309b5335329ee96249